Monday, August 24, 2009

Vintage Vanities & Old Hollywood Glamour

Here are some more Vintage Vanities and Old Hollywood Glamour shots from the Silent Movie Era and the Golden Age of Hollywood!

Hopefully the classic Movie Stars reflected in the mirrors of the lovely vanities and dressing tables will inspire you to create some pretty vanity vignettes for the Vanity for Humanity book! Display your perfume bottles, powder puffs, hand mirrors, jewelry, trinkets, makeup, add some flowers, and anything else that brings a sparkle to your eyes!

Claudia at The Paris Apartment is still collecting photos to be included in the "Vanity for Humanity" book that will support others through Habitat for Humanity. Send your photos to her email address at theparisapartment@yahoo.com. Include as many photos and different looks as you like! Be sure to check out the blogs where I found many of the amazing photos below by clicking on the Movie Star's name too!




Rita Hayworth (1918 - 1987) as Gilda in her first motion picture.




A look back at fashion in the '50s, music is "Mr. Sandman" by the Chordettes via You Tube from Torevalore05.



Angie Dickinson (1931 - living) - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Anita Page (1910 - 2008) - Photo via Allure



Arlene Dahl (1928 - living) - Photo via Starlet Showcase. She is the mother of Lorenzo Lamas.



Ava Gardner (1922 - 1990) - Photo via The Happy Wanderer on Flickr



Barbara Pepper (1915 - 1969) - Photo via Rantings of a Modern Day Glamour Girl



Bebe Daniels (1901 - 1971) in "Maltese Falcon" - Photo via Atavism from Rad Nauseam



Bebe Daniels (1901 - 1971) - Photo via Things and Other Stuff



Brooke Adams (1949 - living) in "Cuba" - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Claudette Colbert (1903 - 1996) - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Colleen Moore (1900 - 1988) - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Jane Russell (1921 - living) - Photo via Olive Rue
Check out Olive Rue's blog for some glamorous movie stars and boudoirs from the Golden Age of Hollywood.



Jeanette MacDonald (1903 - 1965) - Photo from New Movie Magazine, Jan 1931 via Allure



Joan and Jayne - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Joan Crawford (1905 - 1977) - Photo by New Movie Magazine, Jan 1931 via Allure



Judy Garland (1922 - 1969) - Photo via TheJudyRoom.com



Katharine Hepburn (1907 - 2003) - Photo via Allure



Katharine Hepburn (1907 - 2003) in "Bringing Up Baby" (1938) -
Photo via Ultra Style



Leila Hyams (1905 - 1977) - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Lotte Lorring (1893 - 1939) - Photo via Starlet Showcase




Marlene Dietrich (1901 - 1992)



Mae West (1893 - 1980) - Photo via Dr. Macro's High Quality Movie Scans



Mirion Shilling (1910 - 2004) - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Martine Carol (1920 - 1967) - Photo via Film Noir Photos



Melina Mercouri (1920 - 1994) in "Phaedra" (1962) - Photo via Film Noir Photos



Miriam Hopkins (1902 - 1972) - Photo via Allure



Myrna Loy (1905 - 1993) in "The Barbarian" (1933) - Photo via Film Noir Photos



Nancy Kwan (1939 - living) - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Norma Shearer (1902 - 1983) in "Empty Hands" (1924)



Sue Carol (1906 - 1982) - Photo via Life Magazine in 1938 - Look at her ostrich feather shoes!



Susan Hayward (1917 - 1975) - Photo via Art, Movies, Wood and WhatNot



Susannah York (1941 - living) - Photo via Film Noir Photos



Tallulah Bankhead (1902 - 1968) - Photo via Film Noir Photos




Valerie Hobson (1917 - 1998), Martita Hunt (1900 - 1969) and Tony Wagner in "Great Expectations (1946)



Yvonne De Carlo (1922 - 2007) - Photo via Starlet Showcase



Ziegfeld Girl in Mirror - Photo via Starlet Showcase




"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up!"
Gloria Swanson (1899 – 1983) in "Sunset Boulevard" (1950)
(Over dramatic yes, but I just had to include it!)

ps. I'll be back to fill in the missing links...

21 comments:

Erin Helgerson said...

OMG. I NEED a mirror like those! I think that is just the most glamorous thing, those big ornate mirrors. I'd just sit there and brush my hair all day too, if I had one of those. Great post. Those are absolutely fantastic photos!

Lisa Porter said...

Hi Bonnie,
I just had to stop by to see these beauties, oh and the starletts too! Wow, you did some searching & came up with some real goodies! I checked out the Paris Apartment, thanks for letting me know. I hope you are doing well. It's been a while since we visited. Give Looky Loo my love! I included your lovely comment about her at the bottom of TLPC...
xo Lisa

the paris apartment said...

This is such an incredible post. I have not seen at least half of these images. How do you do it, Bonnie? You always have surprises up your sleeve!

costa rica hotels said...

I love your website photos and information is excellent

Echo said...

Love your place! I’m a product of the 70’s and love bohemian fashion and not to forget Old Hollywood glamour. I’m undeniably an old soul that goes back to the 50’s. . In the future I will defiantly be dropping in to see what you’ve done to your place.

Clapboard said...

Hello,
Nice blog i like it
Movies are also a source of inspiration to many. There are many people in this world who have been inspired by movies to do something big in their lives. For example, movie based on biographies of great people have influenced people to attain the same pinnacle in their lives.

Shireen Mirau said...

Hello,
What an inspiration. The elegance and beauty of Old Hollywood. The Golden Age is breathtaking. Thanks for so many images many that I have not seen. Glitz and Glamour, Love it.

Bot and me said...

Thanks for the post. I liked it. Keep going I follow you.
Super Bowl Commercials 2012| Money Talks| Money Talks News| Images|

Company Logo Design said...

Wow what a wonderful blog post superb one .Thanks for sharing it with us.Keep it up the good wo0rk.

Sharrie Williams said...

If you love Vintage Hollywood, please check out The Maybelline Story at www.maybellinebook.com.

website maintenance said...

Incredible post of vintage Hollywood.Thank you for sharing.

Best Pay Per Click Management PPC Company said...

That is very good comment you shared.Thank you so much that for you shared those things with us.I'm wishing you to carry on with Ur achievements.All the best.

Buy Business Logo said...

There Is Obviously a lot to know about this. I suppose you made Some Great points in the Feature also.

Knox Karter said...

Thanks for your post, I like this post very much.

Ready-Made Writing Logo

Facebook Apps said...

It's really beautiful work.Thanks for this kind of stuff.I mean I am totally impressed.Hope to see more updated work here.I have to say, it is very informative.

Create iPhone Game App said...

Pretty effective information, lots of thanks for the post.

Knox Karter said...

Nice post.I am looking forward for new ones, keep up the great work.

Sell stuff online

Facebook Apps said...

I think old Hollywood actress were great but now Hollywood actress are more sexy and hot chili. I like the old glamour but now this trend is completely finished.

Unknown said...

I am always fascinated to all the classic movie stars.

Best Sex Toys said...

Nice post.I am looking forward for new ones, keep up the great work.

eddyshaw9272711 said...

It is best to take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I'll recommend this website! slots for real money